It started with Suede, I swear

Warning: Many links ahead. #SorryNotSorry :P

I'm quite overjoyed that Suede has a new album. While I'm not buying music and music magazines like I used to, I think the teenagers today should have access to the great music I enjoyed growing up. So I'm happy that Ash, The Prodigy, and later on Muse, are still making music. I like:

The members of my number one band, Blur, are still active. Graham Coxon has announced his first solo American tour! I wasn't exactly thrilled with Blur's The Magic Whip, but I still bought it on iTunes to support it. Gorillaz's new album, The Now Now is a bit out there. I mean Humility is way too Californian. I prefer the previous Humanz although I only bought Submission and Let Me Out.

After reading Suede's article, I saw D'Arcy Wretzky dissing Billy Corgan in my recommended reads and feel kinda sad for the original lineup with James Iha. The last song I loved from them was Everlasting Gaze; I remember seeing her in Ava Adore. So I YouTubed it and yeah, her replacement was Melissa Auf Der Maur, from Hole. Why can't they all just get along? :(

I don't wish to take sides, so obviously, I went to check out both their solo material instead :P D'Arcy contributed vocals on James Iha's One and Two; a sweet, charming song. She's also the second vocalist on Catherine's Four Leaf Clover; not my cup of tea. She's on Filter's Cancer; it's good but I've always had a thing for Filter since their collaboration with Crystal Method in Can't You Trip Like I Do on the Spawn OST. I mean, have you heard Take A Picture?! Such an underrated band. I Googled their latest news and apparently the original duo is working on a new album! Likely to be industrial rock, like their debut album, Short Bus. And that's about it for D'Arcy Wretzky. I hope she is more than just okay.

As for Melissa Auf Der Maur, she released a solo album, Auf Der Maur, which is not bad. It's like Hole meets Veruca Salt somehow. Oh well, what do I know? Check it out yourself.

And now finding a tough time to title this post, let's talk about Suede again lol!



I like it. The trailer sounds like it was inspired by David Bowie's last album, Blackstar. The Invisibles harkens back to the broodiness of By The Sea, Coming Up 1996. Can't wait to listen to the rest, at least it'll be a shorter wait than The Prodigy's No Tourists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So many false prophets

10 Principles for An Everyday Diet

6 Simplicity Tips